Full details of the latest easing of restrictions
- Public Transport: Return to 100% capacity from tomorrow Wednesday September 1st.
- From 6th September, easing of restrictions on organised indoor and outdoor events/mass gatherings.
- From 20th September, easing of restrictions on indoor and outdoor group activities (sports, arts, culture, dance classes etc).
- Attendance at work for specific business requirements may commence on a phased and staggered attendance basis from 20th of September.
From October 22nd onwards, the following restrictions will be lifted:
- Requirements for physical distancing
- Requirements for mask wearing outdoors and in indoor private settings
- Limits on numbers at indoor and outdoor events and activities
- Restrictions on religious or civil ceremonies
- Limits on numbers that can meet in private homes/gardens
- Certification of vaccination, immunity or testing as a prerequisite for access to, or engagement in, any activities or events (with exception of international travel)
- Restrictions on high-risk activities (i.e. nightclubs)
As part of this phase, the Government has also agreed to the transitioning of the public health response and governance arrangements out of emergency response mode, the maintenance of a robust ongoing public health response, including a vaccine booster programme and economic measures including the targeting of supports and the return to work places.
Measures that will continue to remain in place include self-isolation when we have symptoms, mask wearing in healthcare settings, indoor retail and on public transport.