MABS – Dedicated Mortgage Arrears Adviser
The Dedicated Mortgage Arrears Adviser will provide a free, independent, confidential money advice service to facilitate clients to deal with debt problems and to become financially independent in the long term. Dedicated Mortgage Arrears Adviser also provide debt prevention education to the target group. The Dedicated Mortgage Arrears Adviser role is based at a specified MABS location as per the contract of employment. A Dedicated Mortgage Arrears Adviser may be required to work from another MABS office or outreach within their region.
If you are interested in working within a dynamic, face-to-face money advice service, engaging with people from diverse backgrounds who are experiencing difficulty with debt we would welcome your application for the position of Money Adviser with our service.
- Hold a recognised third level qualification at a minimum of Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications preferably in the area of Finance, Law, Social Science or Community Development.
- Have significant knowledge through relevant MABS training, or other experience, on all aspects of mortgage arrears and insolvency including repossession proceedings.
The knowledge and skills referred to above may have been gained in either the current or previous employment or other setting.
- Significant experience of dealing with all aspects of personal debt and mortgage debt demonstrated by a history of achieving success in complex mortgage debt casework in a previous employment
- Working knowledge of products on offer as part of banks Alternative Repayment Arrangements
- Ability to represent and negotiate on a client’s behalf to achieve positive/sustainable outcomes in mortgage arrears casework.
- Ability to appraise offers in relation to newly restructured mortgage contracts
- Familiarity with the Irish repossession Court process and may include the role of mentor to clients in the premises of the Courts on dates when repossession sittings are taking place.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A strong commitment to quality customer service
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment and independently on own initiative
- Excellent organisational, administrative and IT skills
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible approach, determination and capacity to innovate to achieve success.
For more information and how to apply – https://mabs.ie/jobs/dedicated-mortgage-arrears-advisor-7/