MABS – Money Advisor
The Money Adviser will provide a free, independent, confidential money advice service to facilitate clients to deal with debt problems and to become financially independent in the long term. Money Advisers also provide debt prevention education to the target group.
The Money Adviser role is based at a specified MABS location as per the contract of employment. A Money Adviser may be required to work from another MABS office or outreach within their region.
If you are interested in working within a dynamic, face-to-face money advice service, engaging with people from diverse backgrounds who are experiencing difficulty with debt we would welcome your application for the position of Money Adviser with our service.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Hold a recognised third level qualification at a minimum of Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications preferably in the area of Finance, Law, Social Science or Community Development.
- 3 years relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas; consumer debt, money management, finance or advocacy.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of the causes and effects of debt, and the money advice process, particularly to the disadvantaged and vulnerable in society.
- An understanding of money management, consumer debt and financial services.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A strong awareness of quality customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal understanding.
- Experience of working in an advice / advocacy role with a diversity of individuals and groups, and particularly with people experiencing difficulty in coping with their situation.
- Proven ability to represent and negotiate on a client’s behalf.
- Ability to work effectively both on own initiative and as a member of a small team.
- Excellent organisational, administrative and IT skills.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Capacity to develop and implement organisational policy.
Successful Candidate will:
- Be committed to the provision of a free, confidential, impartial and independent money advice service.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the Money Advice and Budgeting Service.
- Be open to work unsocial hours as may be required from time to time and willing to attend evening and occasional week-end events.
- Be prepared to travel as required.
For more information and how to apply go to https://mabs.ie/about/careers/vacancies/