Major Irish Rail works to continue in Cork this October Bank Holiday
Iarnród Éireann rail works will continue in the Cork area right through the October Bank Holiday, until Tuesday the 26th of October.
A revised timetable will be in place this October weekend on all routes.
Customers are being strongly advised to check times before travel for possible changes at www.irishrail.ie or the Iarnród Éireann app.
They are also being warned that due to the major works taking place, a number of lines will be closed, however alternative arrangements will be in place across the weekend.
Resignalling and track works have been ongoing in the Cork area since Saturday the 16th of October and will now continue until Tuesday 26th October.
Due to these works the following are in place:
- Rail services are suspended between Cork and Mallow, and will remain so up to and including Tuesday 26th October:
- Bus transfers are in operation between Cork and Mallow in both directions on Cork/Dublin Heuston services
- Bus transfers are in operation between Cork and Mallow in both directions on Cork/Tralee services
- Bus replacement service is in operation for Cork to Mallow services
- Revised departure times in place for bus transfers, and the cancellation of the daily 06:15hrs Cork to Heuston departure
- Additionally, from Saturday 23rd to Tuesday 26th October, Cork to Cobh and Cork to Midleton services will be suspended, with a bus replacement service in operation
The track renewal is taking place at three locations and a new signalling system is being put in – the total programme cost €12 million.