New Northbound traffic route set to begin next week
A new Northbound traffic route is set to be introduced next week.
From August 9th, traffic coming from the South Ring Road, Parnell Place and St. Patrick’s Street will have to use Brian Boru Bridge or Michael Collins Bridge to access the N20, Mulgrave Road and Blackpool.
To enable the new traffic flow, the following changes will take place:
- A dedicated right turn lane will be introduced from the N20 onto Mulgrave Road.
- 2 right turning eastbound lanes will be provided on Parnell Place.
- A new northbound lane is due to be operating on Brian Boru Bridge to give access to Brian Boru Street and St. Patrick’s Quay.
- Northbound traffic will not be allowed to turn right from Merchants Quay or Lavitt’s Quay onto St. Patrick’s Bridge or Christy Ring Bridge.
- 2 lanes will be introduces on Camden Quay turning right onto the N20.