Newcastle United part ways with Steve Bruce by mutual consent

Newcastle United have confirmed they have parted ways with manger Steve Bruce by mutual consent.

In a statement Newcastle said they would like to place on record their gratitude for his contribution to the club, and wished him well for the future.

It was widely expected that Bruce would be replaced following the club’s take over by the Saudi Arabian-backed consortium, led by the Public Investment Fund.

The former Manchester United captain had been in charge for over two years, and in a statement on Newcastle’s website said:

“I am grateful to everyone connected with Newcastle United for the opportunity to manage this unique football club.

“I would like to thank my coaching team, the players and the support staff in particular for all their hard work. There have been highs and lows, but they have given everything even in difficult moments and should be proud of their efforts.

“This is a club with incredible support, and I hope the new owners can take it forward to where we all want it to be. I wish everyone the very best of luck for the rest of this season and beyond.”

Graeme Jones will take charge on an interim basis, starting with Saturday’s trip to Crystal Palace.

Newcastle say that the process of recruiting a new head coach is underway, and that an appointment will be announced in due course.

Eddie Howe, Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard have been linked with the job.


Comments

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Artist

Title

0:00 0:00

Description