Oak Fire Pizza – General Manager
Job Description – General Manager
Job Title: Restaurant General Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
The General Manager will be expected to lead all aspects of business in Oak Fire Pizza in our Cork City restaurants, including Princes street and Gillabbey street, and deliver a high-quality
managerial standard motivating our staff to provide excellent customer service.
Restaurant manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals.
You will ensure efficient restaurant operations, as well as maintaining high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
● Management of daily operations in the restaurant and fulfillment of Front of House Duties
including serving customers to Oak Fire Pizza standards
● Hiring, training, supervising and appraising both front of house and back of house teams
● Maintaining sanitation and safety standards in the restaurant and kitchen
● Manage restaurant’s image and build a relationship with customers and staff
● Working with Operations manager to control operational procedures and costs and
identify measures to cut waste
● Assist in the creation, implementation and monitoring of staff incentive schemes
● Actively and consistently hit targets and motivate staff to upsell and increase sales
● Promote the brand in the local community through involvement with local events,
● Working with Marketing Manager to increase awareness in the brand and ultimately
reach a broader audience
● Manage budgets as set out by Finance Manager and Operations Manager
● Work to Oak Fire Pizzas standard operating procedures and liaise with Management to
implement new policies and protocols that will improve future restaurant operations
● Manage staff rotas and monitor payroll
● Proven work experience as a General Manager or similar role.
● Effective communication skills to liaise with other departments.
● Excellent organisation skills.
● Self motivated and initiative to work on your own schedule.
● Strong written and verbal English.
● Strong leadership, motivational and people skills.
● Flexibility in working hours.
● Full, clean Irish driving licence.
Competencies are classified as the work habits, attitudes, personal characteristics, and behaviors that reflect how a person accomplishes the duties and responsibilities of his/her job.
● Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency
about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes
responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
● Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively
transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change,
delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
● Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without
supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear
purpose, enthusiasm, and a “can do” attitude.
● Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and
objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team’s decisions;
contributes to the team’s efforts.
Please send your CV to email@example.com