Parents Being Warned Of Dangers Of Sparklers To Children

Up to two children a year face having part of their hand amputated because of sparklers

That stark warning has come from a Cork based consultant plastic surgeon who says the reason for partial or full amputations is the depth of the burn as sparklers can explode in your hand.

Ann McKenna says she has treated toddlers who have sustained horrific burns and says many of these children are continuing to receive treatment years after the life-altering event.

Parents are being warned of the dangers of sparklers and allowing small children to handle them this Halloween, as a young child doesn;t see who low the heat is travelling down the metal holder and they don;t put it down quickly enough

Ann McKenna from the Bon Secours Hospital on College Road told RedFM News that sparklers can reach temperatures of 16-hundred degrees celsius;


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



0:00 0:00