Tecomet – Supply Chain Manager
Role on Offer – Supply Chain Manager
Build innovative solutions and design the future.
You can pursue your potential at Tecomet by working with a dedicated team to solve complex challenges, in partnership with industry-leading clients in medical device technology, aerospace, and defense industries. With the backing of our steadfast brand, you can be a part of the next era of manufacturing by bringing bold ideas to life and building products that improve on the status quo.
What’s In It For You:
At Tecomet, we believe that everyone makes a difference and contributes to our overall success. We are a team bound together by pride in our work and dedication to our craft. Our leadership team shares the company’s strategic direction so our workforce can remain informed and attain our internal goals and objectives.
Let’s talk about what we have to offer:
- Competitive pay and benefit packages
- Free parking
- Laya Healthcare
- 20 days holiday (+ 10 bank holidays)
- Bonus scheme
A Supply Chain Manager is required to ensure the maximizing of all opportunities to improve quality and service levels whilst reducing costs by evaluating and managing all supply chain processes.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for managing the supply chain function including strategic sourcing, procurement, planning, and MRP.
The role of Supply Chain Manager is to provide leadership of the supply chain function and to manage these tasks directly.
Buyer / Planner Performance
- Responsibility for leading a technical team in achieving business and operational objectives.
- Implement and maintain a lean manufacturing system within the supply chain environment.
- Ensure non-value-added activity is reduced in all related processes by using lean / kaizen tools and techniques.
- Take responsibility for supply chain costs and conformance with budgets and targets.
- Introduce new targets and KPI’s to measure performance.
- Negotiate with suppliers the best possible price for all materials ensuring compliance to required standard of quality.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Schedule production efficiently with Operations to achieve customer demand targets (OTD) and associated product mix.
- Entry and confirmation of orders in order management system Planning and scheduling the optimum capacity of plant equipment
- Liaise with engineering department to assist with the introduction of new products and equipment.
- Support engineering to deliver yield, NPI and efficiency goals.
- Identify new manufacturing agents to improve throughput and increase tool life while driving down costs ensuring compliance to quality requirements.
- Prepare Project Status & relevant reports for Management reviews.
- Present, where appropriate, technical data to internal / external audit and inspection groups as required
- Liaise with the Stores department to ensure that production plans, material requirements are communicated effectively & efficiently.
- Comply with all relevant training requirements and adhere to relevant associated documentation.
- Ensure that supply chain personnel are aware of and adhere to all procedures and GMP requirements.
- Promote & maintain awareness and compliance of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Policies in accordance with best practice and legal requirement.
- Promote and uphold company performance standards and ideology (on time delivery, quality, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, housekeeping & work ethic).
- Manage, Motivate and Develop the Supply Chain Team.
- Provide technical leadership for supply chain personnel.
- Identify individual training needs.
- Implement, monitor and review training and development plans.
- Conduct and record annual performance appraisals.
- Develop harmonious inter-departmental working relationships within operations and other functions and ensure employees within supply chain have the necessary information and resources to effectively perform their jobs.
- Address any staff discipline or grievance issue, maintaining appropriate records in accordance with company procedures.
- Establish goals and objectives for self and team and implement accordingly to help support / improve job performance (experience, ability, competence).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive understanding of Supply Chain including Operations, Quality, Manufacturing etc.
- Medical device or regulated industry experience highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in problem solving processes and techniques.
- Analyse and proactively look for issues that may delay customer delivery.
- Ability to interface and communicate with different levels of the organization. Includes ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to manage though influence.
- Be conversant and have a good working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma.
- Committed to driving a culture of Continuous Improvement.
- Well organised & disciplined, good attention to detail, sets priorities and manages time effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g. coaching, motivating, conflict management).
- Customer focused environment
- Strong computer and communication skills.
- Business systems and knowledge of impact to business
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional
- Minimum 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Experience with FDA and ISO quality system requirements – Preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Accredited Lean / Six Sigma qualification (Green Belt or Higher) – a distinct advantage.
- Excellent written, organization, and computer skills
- Experience in working with customers.
- Desired Behaviours:
- Customer Focus – Attentive to the needs of the customer in a regulated industry.
- Team Focus – Leads their functional team but also works in collaboration with Cross Functional Teams to deliver team goals.
- Excellence – Take pride in our company and products and deliver excellence in terms of our service and products.
- Ownership & Accountability – Take ownership of the problem / issue / project and look for solutions.
- Change & Innovation – Embrace change and look at innovative ways of adapting to the environment. A core principle of this this will be to promote a culture of Continuous Improvement in your team and the plant.
- Effectiveness – Exercise sound judgement in decision making.
Please apply by sending your CV to;
Tecomet, Inc is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.