The Top Four Things You Need To Know Now
The Main Stories Making The Headlines Across Cork
A renewed appeal for witnesses is being made in relation to a fatal crash in North Cork last week.
A man later died from injuries he sustained in the two-car collision in Fermoy town.
The group representing victims of alleged abuse in the Defence Forces has welcomed the decision by the government to engage with them on the terms for a full public inquiry.
Tánaiste and Defence Minister Micheál Martin confirmed he will be recommending a full Tribunal of Inquiry to Cabinet on Tuesday – however, he will not be including Terms of Reference unless they have been approved by the Women of Honour group.
A survivor of the 1994 Loughinisland massacre, who now lives in Cork, says innocent victims of The Troubles are disappointed with the Irish government – over its failure to challenge Britain on plans to close down legacy investigations.
Colm Smyth says proposals by the British government to end legacy investigations mean victims and survivors will get no compensation or justice.
Almost 2,000 homes across Cork city and county – between May 2021 and May 2023 – were granted planning permission on the condition that they could not be bought by investors.
Ministerial Guidelines were issued to planning authorities in May ’21, to regulate the purchase of houses in bulk.