Tyrone to seek further postponement of Kerry clash

Tyrone are planning a fresh appeal to have their All Ireland senior football semi-final pushed back another week.

Their game with Kerry has been deferred until Saturday week, due to a COVID-19 outbreak in the Red Hand camp.

But joint manager Brian Dooher says just over 50%  of their panel are currently able to train.

He told the BBC they may struggle to field a team next week.

“Based on our experience of Covid to date, and known that to get players integrated back into the panel having recovered from Covid-19, is a fairly significant timeline.

“All the medical evidence points towards that and anything we have seen to date definitely reinforces that.

“We believe that we will struggle still to field a team on Saturday week, the way the situation stands at the minute.

Tagged as


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



0:00 0:00